Thursday, December 9, 2010

My First Published Letter in Musclemag January 2011


Sometimes things happen in odd ways. In the case of my first published article this is very true. I have been lifting steady now for 16 months. Bodybuilding style because it involves lifestyle change and a long term commitment. In the process I became a fan of bodybuilding.
My article to Musclemag International was spurred on by a current debate in the world of Bodybuilding. Robert Kennedy wrote an editorial commenting about that issue which is basically size vs. form. His concern was that individuality of the human form was being lost because everybody was trying to be huge instead of develop their natural shape to the fullest extent.
On September 1st I sent a response called "The Bodybuilding Crisis". In the January 2011 issue it was published and was declared by the Musclemag editors to be worthy of the $50 prize for the month. I am not going to reprint it here because the point of getting something published is that the publisher thinks it adds to his magazine so you will buy it. On newsstands now; look for the cover above.
The fact that I got something published somewhere kind of inspired me to get back to writing. Blogging and my book, so thus Rabyd Theologian 2.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment