Saturday, June 4, 2011

Kindle - First Impressions

Kindle, Wi-Fi, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology - includes Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers

Well I got my Kindle yesterday.  This a a purchase I have been wanting to make for a long time and now that it is here I have some first impressions.  I like it: There are two major motivations for making this purchase: size and money. 

I am going on a Romania Trip in less than a couple weeks and during travel there is something I expect -- hurry up and wait.  I like to read, in fact some would say book addict (I can quit at anytime, no really!) but to take a lot of books on this trip would mean one thing - heavy backpack.  Today I put 70+ books and works on this thing and you know what -- it still weighs the same.

Those 70+ books also had another redeeming quality, 50 of them came in a collection that cost little and most of the rest were free.  Total cost" $10. If I had to buy all of them as real books -- yeah it would have cost much more.  I got my New American Standard Bible today too.    

I have noticed something about the free books.  They seem to come in three different types: classics, junk that no one wants anymore or erotica.  It simply means that it is going to take knowing what your looking for, but even newer stuff is cheaper on kindle. There are also some applications that might be helpful.  

All in all I am not disappointed, I will probably due a full review in a couple months.    

No comments:

Post a Comment