Monday, June 13, 2011

Blog Predicitons

I have been thinking long and hard about my blogging future and the more I look at it ans study it, I began to realize that success is more a measure of hard work and being innovative than anything else.

When I get back from Romania at the end of the month one of the first things I will pursue is getting URLs for each blog.  Once that happens there are other steps to follow but the basic idea is I will get more looks and that is the main goal.  Each blog though has its own uniqueness which will determine its own success level.

The Rabyd Theologian 2.0 - by far this is my favorite blog and the most freewheeling.  it is a theological opinion blog with series of posts on different topics that involve the Bible and life.  Since pulling my book and magazine reviews though the number of hits has dropped and the unfortunate thing is that one post has been driving the number of hits.  That post has started to fall.  Despite this I have high hopes for it.  No topic being safe or sacred means some controversial stuff gets written so it might do well.

The Temple Builder for Christ - this one is about my own personal quest in bodybuilding.  In large part this is to keep my self accountable, but it might make some money in the fact I do review bodybuilding magazines that get hits. As I look more and more the part and talk about the spiritual side of bodybuilding I think that will generate some interest as well.  As I am more successful in my quest, the blog will be more successful.

Open Theism - Actually of all my blogs I have the highest hopes for this one.  Open theism is a controversial way of looking at God's foreknowledge and providence and as such will get some attention both up and down.  That being said, that means a solid blog with a good niche.

Rabyd Reader -  the blog you are reading is about books and writing when you break it down.  It is one of those blog where I think time will be on its side.  The more reviews get written the more hits it will get.  I debate whether I should make this exclusively about me and my views on these topics or make it a group project with multiple contributors.

I have one more blog in the works and its' content will remain secret until revealed.  I am planning on using a different format (probably Wordpress).  This is mostly because I want to see what the advantages are for a different format and if Wordpress will work better for what I want to do.

I like this blogging thing.  It's fun and fits my writing style better than most others.  I want to see all my 'children' succeed but you have better feelings about some than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment